January 19, 2011

Darrington Mystery…

The carriers of my surname have always intrigued me. Darrington isn't the most common name and it has a sort of English ring to it. (If only I had a dollar for every time someone said they loved my last name!) While perusing through my family history as a youngin', I came across some shocking news...


I wasn't really supposed to be a Darrington! That was almost too much for my little mind to handle at the time, but it sparked a love for family history research within me. After further research in family sources that my grandmother, Barbara Taylor Darrington, had compiled, the mystery deepened. According to documents in her possession, John had stated that his biological father was Frederick Bird, rather than William Woods. As a family history major at BYU, I've had the opportunity to research more into this Frederick Bird fellow to see where my biological roots came to be. Through this blog I'm going to share the interesting information that I came across while researching John and Frederick. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I really like the set up of your blog. The heading is very striking with the faded photo edge and red cursive font. The side quickly and effectively gives all the important facts to recognize John and his family. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the light colors for your blog. It's easy to read.

    ReplyDelete